Thursday, February 7, 2008

Period 3

We rank first this period! :-)


Our modification of SOLD was very successful — it resulted in enormous growth in volume sold. According to plan, SOBO was a huge success in the Buffs market. Not only did it capture a huge market share in the Buffs segment, it also “bumped” SASS away from the Buffs. These positive results are great but we know we will have to continue to modify SOBO or it will end up like SASS this period.

As the industry progresses and all the teams are proving more profitable, their budgets are growing thus allowing them to spend more on R&D. Of note are teams A and I who are spending a substantial amount on R&D; it seems that they are launching highly specialized products next period. To ensure our competitiveness, we are also actively participating in R&D for both Sonites and Vodites. We are developing a new product with a new R&D project, PSONY. This new product (SONY) is expected to be launched next period to first capture the Buffs market (as the Buffs are interested in new technology), then to the Singles market in the long run (because the Singles market will be growing by over 135% in the next 5 periods according to the market forecast research study).


We are also investing in two new R&D feasibility studies on two Vodites:

1.) PVOLT – with the worst possible product specifications so as to minimize production cost; and

2.) PVOVO – a mid-level product.

Because no other teams have launched a Vodite this period we could not do any research on the market, we are totally “shooting in the dark,” trying to predict the preferences of the Innovators in the Vodites market.

3 comments:

SOLD said...

Look at y’all! Modifying me like you did! So sneaky…and I LOVE IT!! Finally, I am getting the attention I deserve. My success is obviously why y’all managed to get first place this round. Thank you, thank you. I will say this though, I think that in order to fully maximize me, y’all should maybe consider changing my convenience…then I will flourish as the ultimate product for the Others segment! Oh and can you please stop being so conservative? My fans obviously want more of me seeing that I keep selling out!

Toodles,
SOLD

SOBO said...

Hi I’m SOBO and I’m new to the company. I’m a relative of SONO and retain much of the same characteristics as them, however, much cheaper in price. Targeting myself strongly towards the Buffs, I totally stole away market share from SASS seeing how I’m obviously so much better than them! It was a joke for them to think they could actually compete with me; they really should’ve seen their demise and resigned. I’m going to adjust myself to meet the Professional requirements, while my cousin SONO will take over Hi Earners. We’re definitely quite the team in providing for “higher class” people…we’re born like that. I’m confident I’ll be sticking around for a while, so watch out!

SONO said...

I certainly NEVER get tired of being right! Once again, I was right on the money, the Hi Earners ate me up like children with candy! I have successfully increased my sales by 19.4%, and have beat out SALT and SASS. That should teach anymore cheap copycats to stay away and not even bother! In order to continue being so popular with those Hi Earners, I guess I should drop my price just a little more to $454. I don’t want to make myself too unattainable.

XOXO SONO